- Another tutorial about the_post_thumbnail, the new WordPress function introduced with WP 2.9. This time, Jason Schuller shows us how to give a bit of eye candy to these thumbnails!
- A good summary of the new page templates released with WordPress 2.9.
Just for the week end, and right before Christmas, Automattic makes us a great present, with the release of WordPress 2.9!
We have been talking about 2.9 for a while now, if you followed that blog, you got to know some of the new features that will come with that release, but here is a small selection of articles in case you would want a quick summary:
- Announcement from Matt
- Justin Tadlock describes the latest widget area description abilities of WordPress 2.9
- Joost de Valk talks about the hidden secrets of 2.9!
- Justin Tadlock explains us all about the post image feature
- Michael Preuss describes us what we can do with the new post_thumbnail function
- Keith Dsouza makes a tour of all 2.9 features
- From the official codex page, all changes of WP 2.9
So, Enjoy this new WordPress version, and do not hesitate to give your feedback after you installed. I have just made the switch here, and somehow I fell like the blog is a bit faster than before. Maybe it is a just a feeling that I have though, so let me know if you realize the same for your own blog!
- the new post thumbnail function of WordPress 2.9 in details
- A list of all upcoming interesting features of WordPress 2.9 for developers and users.
- A nice ordered list about WordPress functions. It can be helpful in parallel with the codex.
- WordPress 2.9 will allow theme developers to add a description for each widget area. Here is how to add it
- You may have heard a bit of news about a new thumbnail feature for themes coming to WordPress 2.9.In this tutorial, Justin Tadlock is covering the various things you can do with the post image feature. Some things will be specific to end users while others will be useful for theme and plugin developers.
- Sometimes you need to see what’s wrong with a WordPress install, and you need to see it fast. Yoast combined lots of useful functions into a WordPress Debug Theme, that will come in handy when you will be in need of a quick debug!
- With the magazine theme trend growing in the past year, post thumbnails have become a common feature in a lot of WordPress themes. Some of these themes use timthumb from Darren Hoyt, some other developers have developed their own way to get images from the post and display it as a thumbnail in WordPress template pages.
But with WordPress 2.9, the new feature the_post_image() will allow everyone to control and display images within posts very easily. That’s a great new feature lots of developers will be happy to hear about!
- WPChat.com provides a free and simple place to talk about WordPress in a laid-back environment. Do you want to chat about WordPress with other WordPress fans? WPchat is the place for it!