You wonder what I see in your future? Possibility.
Yup, Marvel’s Doctor Strange is coming, and they picked the best actor for the role, Benedict Cumberbatch.
You want to go see that movie.
For those of you not familiar with Doctor Strange back-story: Stephen Strange is a selfish, arrogant, and super-talented neurosurgeon; his hands are obviously super important to him as a surgeon. One day, he gets into a car accident, his hands are badly damaged, and he can’t perform surgeries anymore. He searches for a cure for a long time, until he finds The Ancient One, one of the most powerful sorcerers there is. The Ancient One becomes his mentor, until one day Strange becomes Sorcerer Supreme. Magic!
Marvel is really killing it lately:
- Several movies, exploring different heroes and stories of the Marvel universe, including some superheroes that we might not have thought worthy of a movie before (Ant-Man, Vision, …);
- Movies featuring anti-heroes, like Deadpool or Guardians of the Galaxy;
- A tie-in show (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D) getting popular enough to last for 3 seasons;
- A tie-in show linked to that tie-in show (Agent Carter);
- 2 seasons of Daredevil, featuring the Punisher;
- Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and the Iron Fist getting their own shows;
- The Defenders, bringing them all together;
- And now, Doctor Strange!
I can’t wait to see that movie.