2 days from now, I will be in a plane, flying to San Francisco for WordCamp SF 2012. I am super lucky, I know.
Let’s get a few things out-of-the-way first:
- I have never travelled that far before
- I am already stressing about the jet lag: I don’t want to waste any time, I want to live every minute that I will spend there, and be my best for the WordCamp. You can’t chat and help around if you are sleepy!
- I don’t know much about San Francisco: all I know, I have learnt from movies, TV shows, and books about startups in The Valley.
I won’t have much free time there, but I intend to make the best of it! But since I don’t know much about the city, I thought I’d ask you for help!
So here is my list; let me know what’s missing, and what can be deleted from there!
- Climb Telegraph Hill, to get a nice view over the city
- Walk the Golden Gate Bridge – I guess that’s a must
- Have a look at the cable cars.
- Fisherman’s Wharf, Ferry Building
- And of course walk the streets and look around!
What do you think?
Title in reference to San Francisco, from Maxime Le Forestier. Sadly, that’s the only song that comes to my mind right now.
3 replies on “C’est une maison bleue – A few days in San Francisco”
Walking around Haight–Ashbury was pretty cool, and we randomly went to Squat & Gobble Café and Creperie — it was quite delicious. Chexee’s also suggested an amazing vegetarian plantain burrito in Lower Haight at Cuco’s.
Near the Golden Gate Bridge is Battery Spencer. (via James)
I’m sure you’ll get lots of ideas from everyone when you get there. :)
I’d check out the crookedest street. I think it’s called Lombard st.
[…] you for all the suggestions in my previous post. I tried to do as much as I could in a few days! 37.774929 -122.419416 Like this:LikeBe the first […]