Working from home is great. It can get lonely at times though, especially when the rest of your team lives 6 timezones away. It makes it a bit more difficult to get to know each other, coordinate, and work efficiently as a team. Luckily for me, I work for Automattic and get to meet my teammates in person a few times a year!
Our last meetup was in Koloa, Kauai. For a week, we shared our experiences and working methods, discussed about the future, got to know each other, laughed a lot, and discovered the beautiful island of Kauai!
Here are a few pictures and a small video of our week.
Some of my teammates also shared their pictures:
– Brandon Kraft’s Photoblog entries.
– Chase Livingston: Team Aurora in Kauai, Hawaii.
– Deborah Beckett: Hawaii Archives.
– Karen Arnold: I Went to Hawaii for Work.
– Mikey Arce: Kauai 2015.
– Ryan Cowles: Koloa – Day One, Waimea Canyon, Backcountry Tubing on Lihue Plantation.